- Chocolate Pairing Boxes
Chocolate Pairing Boxes
Do you love everything about chocolate? Well, then you'll love our Dallmann chocolate pairing boxes. Evoke your senses, share or enjoy your own luxurious selection of artisan chocolates that can be paired with wine, beer, scotch, cheese, or tea. The options for chocolate pairing are endless. Is your mouth watering already? Keep reading to find out more about our chocolate pairing boxes and even our chocolate tasting events.
There is an art behind finding the perfect chocolate pairings. It involves possessing a level of understanding of the process behind making chocolate. For instance, cocoa beans used for chocolate go through a fermentation process, which is one of the reasons why chocolate pairs so nicely with wine. And Isabella Knack, Dallmann's owner, and head chocolatier knows how to pair chocolate. Here at Dallmann, we have crafted a variety of chocolate tasting boxes that allow you to indulge in your favorite vices. Whether it's a treat for yourself, your family, or a co-worker these boxes make excellent chocolate gifts.
Why choose Dallmann’s chocolate pairing boxes?
If you are looking for an indulgent and luxuriating chocolate experience, either for a date night with a twist, a company event, or purely to satisfy your chocolate cravings, Dallmann’s pairing chocolates will not disappoint. With years of family tradition behind us, coupled with a flair for innovation and creation, you can expect nothing short of excellence when you choose a Dallmann’s chocolate box. Made using only the finest ingredients, choose from an extensive range of flavors including much-loved favorites, such as vanilla and caramel, as well as options for a more experimental palate including bacon & smoked salt and coconut curry. Purchasing a gift? All our chocolates are luxuriously packaged and will delight anyone who is lucky enough to be on the receiving end of one of our highly popular pairing boxes.
Chocolate Pairing Tips for Scotch, Wine & Beer
6 tips to pair whiskey and chocolate
If you are a relative novice when it comes to scotch and chocolate pairing, below are six tips to help you get started on your journey to becoming a whiskey and chocolate master.
- - Ensure that both your whiskey and chocolates are room temperature.
- - Don’t add ice to your whiskey. Instead, add water if you want to dilute it.
- - Allow your chosen chocolate to melt on your tongue so that you can fully appreciate its flavor notes.
- - Medicinal-tasting whiskeys pair well with mint-flavored chocolates, whereas light and fruity whiskeys are better suited with nut-based chocolates.
- - Rich and robust whiskeys pair wonderfully with ginger.
- - Spicy scotches can be paired with bitter, dark chocolates for a complete taste explosion.
4 tips to pair wine and chocolate
If you don’t know where to start regarding wine and chocolate pairing, then check out these helpful tips:
- - Light chocolates, such as milk and white varieties, are best with white wines, whereas darker chocolates are better suited to reds.
- - Consider the sweetness of your chosen wines and chocolates. If a wine is not sufficiently sweet for chocolate, it may end up tasting sour.
- - Determine what flavor profile you would like from your choice of wine, such as creaminess or spiciness, and then choose chocolates that can manipulate the tasting notes of that specific wine.
- - Opt for a similar style and weight. Try to match lighter, more elegant chocolates with light-bodied wines, and stronger chocolates with full-bodied varieties of wine.
6 tips to pair beer and chocolate
If you’d like to jump-start pairing chocolate with your favorite beers, then the below tips should be just the trick.
- - Be sure to balance sweet and bitter notes. Your beer should always be less bitter than your chosen chocolate.
- - Highly acidic beers do not pair well with most chocolates.
- - Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors. If you have a favorite craft beer and a preferred chocolate, give them a go together.
- - Always ensure both your beer and chocolate are room temperature.
- - Stout beers pair well with higher percentage dark chocolate, whereas bitter ales like IPAs (India Pale Ale) are better suited with medium body dark chocolate.
- - If you find a white ale that isn’t too acidic, pairing it with chocolate that has citrus notes is a good complement.
Chocolate Tasting Events
If you’re interested in learning more about chocolate and wine pairing, consider a chocolate and wine tasting event with Dallmann. You and your friends can enjoy a virtual tasting event with a professional chocolatier who will guide you through our elegant Wine Chocolate Box piece by piece and sip by sip.
About the Dallmann Fine Chocolates Family
Dallmann Fine Chocolates has a long and rich history producing the best chocolate in San Diego, but don't just take our word for it.
Dallmann was voted as one of the TOP best San Diego chocolate companies by Kev's Best, voted one of the best chocolatiers in San Diego by Red Tricycle, and rated one of the best places to eat chocolates in San Diego by Eater San Diego.
Our history is embedded in creating our rich chocolate and patisserie, and we use that to bring you the very best flavors and delights. From the smooth Ecuador truffle to the sweet rosewater caramel, our flavors are inspired by worldwide cuisine giving you the very best range of choices for your own gourmet chocolates. I hope you love my wine chocolate box as much as I did making it for you!
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price